RESTATED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION
GARLAND AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
Garland Amateur Radio Club, pursuant to the provisions of Article 4.06 of the Texas Non-Profit Corporation Act, hereby adopts Restated Articles of Incorporation which accurately copy the Articles of incorporation, and all amendments thereto that are in effect to date and as further amended by such restated articles of incorporation as hereinafter set forth and which contain no other changes and provisions thereof.
The articles of incorporation of the corporation are amended by the following the restated Articles of incorporation as follows:
- A: Article Four - Purposes is amended as set fourth and full below.
- B: Article Eight - Disposition of Property is added as set forth in full below.
Each such amendment of these articles of incorporation has been effected in conformity with the provisions of the Texas Non-Profit Corporation Act and such Restated Articles of incorporation were duly adopted at a meeting of the members on March 27,1996 at which a quorum was present., and the restated Articles of Incorporation as so amended received at least a two-thirds of the votes which the members were entitled to cast.
The restated Articles of Incorporation and all amendments and supplements thereto are superseded by the following Restated Articles of Incorporation which accurately copy the entire text thereof and as amended as above set forth:
RESTATED ARTICLES OF INCORPORATION OF THE GARLAND AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
We the undersigned natural persons of the age of twenty one years or more, at least two of whom are citizens of the state of Texas, acting as incorporators under the Texas non profit Act, do hereby adopt the following Articles of Incorporation for such corporation.
ARTICLE ONE - Name
The name of the corporation is GARLAND AMATEUR RADIO CLUB
ARTICLE TWO - Nonprofit Corporation
The corporation is a nonprofit corporation.
ARTICLE THREE - Duration
The period of its duration is perpetual.
ARTICLE FOUR - Purposes
The corporation shall have no capital stock. The purposes for which this the corporation is organized are:
- a: Exclusively for charitable, educational, and scientific purposes, including but, for such purposes, the making of distributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
- b. To provide instruction and training of individuals to develop or improve skills as amateur radio operators; to provide open meetings for the discussion of amateur radio related and allied topics: to promote basic and applied research and instruction and dissemination of technical information.
- c. To maintain the ability to furnish communications services for Civil Defense, Red Cross, federal, state, county and municipal agencies or such charitable organizations during times of emergencies or distress; and to provide disaster relief and public service in the public interest.
- d. To receive and maintain a fund or funds of real or personal property, or both, and, subject to the restrictions and limitations hereinafter set fourth , to use and pay the whole or any part of the income therefrom and the principal thereof exclusively for charitable, religious scientific, literary or educational purposes either directly or by contributions to organizations that qualify as exempt organizations under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or the corresponding section of any future federal Tax code.
- e. No part of the net earnings the corporation shall inure to the benefit of, or be distributable to its members, directors, officers or other private persons, except that the corporation shall authorize and empower to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set fourth herein.
- f. No substantive part of the activities of the corporation shall be the carrying on of propaganda or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the corporation shall not participate in or intervene in ( including the publishing or distribution of statements) any political campaign of behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office. Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, the corporation shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (1) by a corporation exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code. or (2) by a corporation contributions to which are deductible under section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
- g. Notwithstanding any other provisions of these articles this corporation shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in furtherance of the purposes of this corporation.
ARTICLE FIVE- Registered Office
The street address of the registered of the corporation is 1027B Austin Street, Garland, Texas 75040, and the name of its registered agent at that address is Bob Jones.
ARTICLE SIX - Initial Board of Directors
The number of directors constituting the Initial board of directors is three and the names and addresses of the persons who are to serve as the initial directors are:
- James Hester, 2529 Livenshire Drive, Garland, Texas
- E. P. Lord, 1322 Phoebe, Garland, Texas
- Bill Rocholl, 2905 Sheridan, Garland, Texas
ARTICLE SEVEN - Bylaws
The internal affairs of this corporation shall be regulated by its bylaws, not inconstant with law.
ARTICLE EIGHT - Disposition of Assets
Upon dissolution of the corporation, the Board of Directors shall, after paying or making provisions for payment of liabilities of the corporation, cause the assets to be distributed for one or more exempt purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code of 1986 or the corresponding section of any future federal tax code. or to the federal government, or to state and local government, for a public purpose. Any assets not so disposed of shall be disposed of by a court of competent jurisdiction of Dallas County, Texas, exclusively for such purposes or to such organization or organizations, as said court shall determine, which are organized and operated exclusively for such purposes.
Dated: May 27 1996
Garland Amateur Radio Club.